In 1980, the Cash’s purchased the Amqui Train Station (circa: 1850) located in Madison, Tennessee. The Amqui Station was disassembled and moved to a site directly adjacent to the House of Cash. June Carter Cash operated an Antique store in the station for several years. In 1990, they closed the store and the House of Cash Museum to the public. In accordance with their wishes, the property was sold after their deaths in 2003 along with the House of Cash. HALO, purchased the property in December 2004 and donated the Amqui Train Station to the Madison Chamber of Commerce and, in the spring of 2006, the Amqui Station was returned to Madison.
Amqui Station